How Can I Fully Remove WhatsApp on Windows
- 2019.Jul.19 8:45
Fail to uninstall WhatsApp from your Windows PC as it has been corrupted? Have no clue how to sweep out the traces it creates on the system? Why do the program files linger around? If you are looking for the correct way of uninstalling WhatsApp Desktop, this removal tutorial could be helpful.
Why to uninstall WhatsApp? WhatsApp for PC is the desktop version of the free message app, but it does not contain all the features in the mobile version. Besides, based on the reports how Facebook uses its users’ data, if you concern about privacy issue, you may consider to use another messaging app not belonging to Facebook. Anyhow, if you have decided to uninstall WhatsApp, read on please.
Method 1: manually uninstall WhatsApp in three steps
Is it enough to simply uninstall WhatsApp from the Control Panel > Programs and Features? What about the WhatsApp leftovers that still show up in your system? Actually, you will need to fully uninstall WhatsApp through three necessary stages:
> Terminate all the running processes that are pertaining to WhatsApp
> Uninstall WhatsApp via Programs & Features (or Apps & Features)
> Detect and delete invalid entries of WhatsApp in Windows registry
Step 1. shut down WhatsApp if it is running
Typically before you uninstall a program, you should make sure it is not in use. If WhatsApp appears in system tray, right click on it and choose Exit. If you are not sure whether a program is in use, you can launch Task Manager to look for the process:
- Right click the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and select Task Manager
- Click WhatsApp under the Processes tab, and click on End Task button
Afterwards, you can head to uninstall WhatsApp from the Programs & Features (Window 7/8) or from Apps & Features (Windows 10). Let’s start in the Start menu.
Step 2. uninstall WhatsApp from Start menu
- Right click on Start menu and choose Apps and Features
- Select WhatsApp, click Uninstall button, and click Uninstall again
- Click the Yes button in the User Account Control window to allow the uninstall
- Right click on Start menu and choose Programs and Features in the list (alternatively, click on Start, right click on WhatsApp in the list of programs and choose Uninstall)
- Highlight WhatsApp with one click and click on Uninstall button above
- Hit the Windows key or click the Start menu and select Control Panel
- Click on Programs link, then locate WhatsApp, right click on it and click Uninstall
What if you cannot find WhatsApp in the list of installed programs or there is no response after clicking Uninstall? That could be triggered by the corruption or missing of WhatsApp files. The solution is to re-install WhatsApp, thus to cover the damaged executive files. After the installation, try to uninstall it through Start menu again.
Step 3. detect WhatsApp traces in registry
WhatsApp can be easily uninstalled after you perform the steps above, but it could be tricky for inexperienced users to detect WhatsApp leftovers around the system, especially in the Windows Registry.
- (Right) click on Start menu and then click on Run to launch Run dialog box
- Type “regedit”in the Open:box and press Enter key to activate Registry Editor
- If you are prompted by UAC for confirmation, click on Yes button to open it up
- Click Find from the Edit menu, then type WhatsAppin the search box and click on Find Next button to start the scanning around the whole Registry
- Once an associated keys/values is highlighted, right click on it and choose Delete
- Hit F3 key to continue deleting WhatsApp-related entries
Warning: before making any modification, make sure to create a backup copy of the Registry, and don’t delete anything you are not 100% sure pertaining to WhatsApp.
Method 2: Easily remove WhatsApp in clicks
Not sure if you can get rid of all WhatsApp components by the aforementioned method? Don’t worry, as we also provide another method that allows you to fully wipe out any unwanted program. As an utility software designed to remove Windows programs, Crapware Uninstaller is a good helper to solve various uninstall issues.
Here are the six steps you will need to do if using this tool to remove WhatsApp:
1. Double click Crapware Uninstaller icon in the Desktop to launch this tool
2. Select WhatsApp in the list, and click Run Analysis button
3. Click Complete Uninstall button, and then click Yes in pop-up confirmation dialog
4. As the uninstall completes, click Scan Leftovers button to proceed to next step
5. Click Delete Leftovers button, and then choose Yes in the pop-up dialog
6. Click OK in the confirm dialog, and click Back to Step 1 to re-scan your system
So that is how to take advantage of a professional removal tool to quickly and totally uninstall any unwanted, problematic, or stubborn programs on your Windows PC.
Can’t wait to try out this handy tool on your PC? You can get the download link in the homepage of this site, and once you install Crapware Uninstaller in the system, double click to launch it on the Desktop, and follow the prompts to get the tool work.
Thank you for reading this post, and we would be glad to have your comments here.
- Effectively Uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor on a Windows PC
- How do I Fully Uninstall SHAREit from My PC
- How Can I Fully Remove WhatsApp on Windows
- How Can I Completely Uninstall Scribus on Windows 10
- Removal Tutorial: How to Uninstall WinZip on Windows
- How to Effectively Uninstall Inkscape from Your PC
- Can’t Uninstall ByteFence Anti-Malware on Your PC? Find Solutions Here
- How to Fully Uninstall CCleaner from Windows 10
- Tech Support: Uninstall VLC Media Player on PC
- Properly Uninstall Advanced IP Scanner on Windows PC
- Uninstall CD / DVD / Blu-ray Tools (1)
- Uninstall Cloud Storage (1)
- Uninstall Communications Software (2)
- Uninstall Compression Tools (2)
- Uninstall Graphic Software (1)
- Uninstall Guides (6)
- Uninstall Internet Utilities (4)
- Uninstall Multimedia (3)
- Uninstall Network Tools (1)
- Uninstall Office Tools (1)
- Uninstall Security Software (5)
- Uninstall System Utilities (1)
- Uninstall Utilities (2)
- windows (1)