Fail to Uninstall McAfee Security Center? Solve It Here
- 2019.Jun.06 9:16
How to uninstall McAfee Security Center? That is a question frequently asked by Windows users. While they are trying to install another security software, the incorrect uninstallation of McAfee product creates obstacles for the change. If you get lost in uninstalling McAfee Security Center on Windows, read through this post and know the proper ways to remove any unwanted programs without trace left behind.
First of all, we would like to introduce a hassle-free way to uninstall McAfee Security Center. The removal will be automatic but requires a valid license to complete. If you prefer to take the conventional method, skip this part and jump to the second way.
Fully Remove McAfee Security Center in Clicks
Fully compatible with Windows 7/8/10, Crapware Uninstaller is a smart, reliable uninstaller that can be used to easily remove unwanted programs, plugins and files. You will only need to go through 3 simple steps to remove McAfee Security Center:
Step 1. select & scan target program
- Double click Crapware Uninstaller icon in the Desktop to launch this tool
- Select McAfee Security Center in the list, and click Run Analysis button
Step 2. perform a standard uninstall
- Click Complete Uninstall button, and then click Yes in pop-up confirmation dialog
- As the McAfee Security Center wizard appears, follow onscreen prompts to complete the standard uninstall, and then click Scan Leftovers button to proceed to next step
Step 3. Continue with clean removal
- Click Delete Leftovers button, and then choose Yes in the pop-up dialog
- Click OK after all leftovers have been removed, and close Crapware Uninstaller
So how to get this handy tool for your PC? visit the homepage and click the Download button to start downloading, and then launch the installation file to install it on your system. After that, run Crapware Uninstaller and click the Register button.
Uninstall McAfee Security Center Step by Step
Don’t want to pay for Crapware Uninstaller? Surely you can remove unwanted programs by conventional means, though it could requires much more time and skills to complete. To ensure uninstall effect and avoid any risk, follow the steps strictly.
Stage 1. Try to deactivate McAfee Security Center
Typically before you uninstall a program, you should make sure it is not in use. If McAfee Security Center appears in the system tray, right click on it and choose Exit.
If you cannot find it there, use Task Manager to see it still runs silently:
- Right click the taskbar at the bottom and select Task Manager option in the list
- Click McAfee Security Center in the Processes tab, and click on End Task button
After making sure that McAfee Security Center is deactivated, you can uninstall it from Programs & Features (Window 7/8) or from Apps & Features (Windows 10).
Stage 2. Uninstall McAfee Security Center from Start menu
The uninstall procedure differs depending on what system version you are using. Here is how to carry out a standard uninstall of program in different system versions:
- Windows 7
Hit the Windows key or click the Start menu and select Control Panel
Choose View by Category in the upper-right corner and click on Programs
Locate McAfee Security Center, right click on it and click on Uninstall
- Windows 8
Right click on Start menu and choose Programs and Features in the list
Highlight McAfee Security Center with one click and click on Uninstall button above
- Windows 10
Right click on Start menu and choose Apps and Features
Select McAfee Security Center, click Uninstall button, and click Uninstall again
Click the Yes button in the User Account Control window to allow the uninstallation
After a few seconds McAfee Security Center wizard will pop up. You can select the programs you don’t want to keep and then click Remove button to execute the removal. The uninstallation could last a few minutes to complete, so just wait.
What if you cannot find McAfee Security Center in the list of installed programs or there is no response after clicking Uninstall? That could be triggered by the corruption or missing of McAfee Security Center files. In that case, you may need to reinstall McAfee Security Center and then uninstall it again by aforementioned steps.
Stage 3. detect McAfee Security Center traces in Registry
Still see McAfee traces lingering around the system? Maybe you need to do a cleanup in your Registry, which stores crucial system and program-associated files. But note that before making any modification, make sure to create a backup copy of the Registry. Don’t delete anything there without having the backup as it involves risks!
- (Right) click on Start menu and then click on Run to launch Run dialog box
- Type “regedit” in the Open: box and press Enter key to activate Registry Editor
- If you are prompted by UAC for confirmation, click on Yes button to open it up
- Click Find from the Edit menu, then type McAfee Security Center in the search box and click on Find Next button to start the scanning around the whole Registry
- Once an associated keys/values is highlighted, right click on it and choose Delete
- Hit F3 key to continue deleting McAfee Security Center-related entries
Have you learnt the tricks to fully remove McAfee Security Center? Let us know : )
- How Can I Fully Remove WhatsApp on Windows
- Effectively Uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor on a Windows PC
- How do I Fully Uninstall SHAREit from My PC
- Removal Tutorial: How to Uninstall WinZip on Windows
- How Can I Completely Uninstall Scribus on Windows 10
- How to Effectively Uninstall Inkscape from Your PC
- Can’t Uninstall ByteFence Anti-Malware on Your PC? Find Solutions Here
- How to Fully Uninstall CCleaner from Windows 10
- Tech Support: Uninstall VLC Media Player on PC
- Properly Uninstall Advanced IP Scanner on Windows PC
- Uninstall CD / DVD / Blu-ray Tools (1)
- Uninstall Cloud Storage (1)
- Uninstall Communications Software (2)
- Uninstall Compression Tools (2)
- Uninstall Graphic Software (1)
- Uninstall Guides (6)
- Uninstall Internet Utilities (4)
- Uninstall Multimedia (3)
- Uninstall Network Tools (1)
- Uninstall Office Tools (1)
- Uninstall Security Software (5)
- Uninstall System Utilities (1)
- Uninstall Utilities (2)
- windows (1)