3 Steps to Uninstall Internet Download Manager from Your PC
- 2019.Jul.26 8:56
Program details: As a download manager developed by American company Tonec. Inc., Internet Download Manager has a good reputation for increasing download speeds and resuming downloads. This utility program supports proxy servers, ftp and http protocols, firewalls, redirects, cookies, authorization, audio and video content processing, and it is able to integrate seamlessly into many popular web browsers.
Though Internet Download Manager is a popular program for Windows, many PC users man want to uninstall Internet Download Manager for various reasons, like:
- Internet Download Manager fails to work properly as it has been corrupted;
- IDM brings some additional install options that you don’t want to use with;
- The current version of IDM is not compatible with new Windows system…
So, here comes the topic of this post: how to uninstrall Internet Download Manager?
Remove Internet Download Manager in 3 Simple Steps
How to fully uninstall unwanted programs from your Windows system? A quick way to achieve this goal is to utilize a dedicated removal tool, namely, Crapware Uninstaller. As a smart program remover, Crapware Uninstaller is capable of scanning out every piece of target program and deleting them all in a few clicks. Now let’s see how this tool works to uninstall Internet Download Manager in 3 simple steps.
Step 1. select target program
- Make sure Internet Download Manager is not active, and launch Crapware Uninstaller
- Select Internet Download Manager in the list, and click Run Analysis to start scanning
Step 2. perform the uninstall
- Click Complete Uninstall button, and then click Yes in pop-up confirmation dialog
- As the Internet Download Manager wizard appears, follow onscreen prompts to complete the standard uninstall, and then click Scan Leftovers to proceed to next step
Step 3. clean up all leftovers
- Click Delete Leftovers button, and then choose Yes in the pop-up dialog
- Click OK after all leftovers have been removed, and close Crapware Uninstaller
Tip: if Internet Download Manager does not show up in the Desktop App tab, you can run the Force Remove mode to delete all its associated files and folders in the system.
- Click the Force Remove tab in Step1, and then click the button with three dots
- Specify the Internet Download Manager folder directory in the pop-up window
- Click the Scan button below, and then click Yes in the confirmation dialog
- Click Delete Leftovers and then Yes to execute the removal of selected items
To get Crapware Uninstall installed on your PC, navigated to the homepage and click the Get Crapware Uninstaller button. In the new page, choose the subscription plan you want to pay for, and follow the onscreen prompts to finish your purchase.
If you don’t want to pay for the subscription, we will show you in the next chapter how to manually remove Internet Download Manager from the system step by step.
Uninstall Internet Download Manager & Delete Leftovers
Want to know the manual steps of uninstalling Internet Download Manager? A thorough removal of Windows program not only involves the act of uninstalling target program from the Programs & Features pane, but also includes the act of detecting program remnants in the program installation directory and the Windows Registry.
Stage 1. uninstall Internet Download Manager from Start menu
Windows 10 users have two options to uninstall Internet Download Manager:
- (1) click Start menu to show the list of installed programs > scroll through to locate Internet Download Manager entry > click Internet Download Manager folder to extend the content > choose Uninstall IDM to run the built-in uninstall wizard
- (2) right click on Start menu > choose Apps and Features > scroll down to select Internet Download Manager in the right pane > click Uninstall button twice > click the Yes button in the pop-up User Account Control window to allow the uninstall
Windows 7/8 users can head to the Control Panel > Programs and Features pane to select Internet Download Manager, and then click Uninstall to activate the uninstaller.
When the Perform Uninstall window pops up, click Finish button > check the Full option > click Next button > click OK button to reboot your PC when necessary.
Stage 2. delete Internet Download Manager traces in Registry
After uninstalling Internet Download Manager via the Start menu, it is time to detect Internet Download Manager-related entries in your Windows Registry. If you don’t clear out program vestiges there, your Registry will become more and more cluttered.
First of all, open up Windows Registry and make a backup copy of the whole files:
- (Right) click on Start menu and then click on Run to launch Run dialog box
- Type “regedit” in the Open: box and press Enter key to activate Registry Editor
- If you are prompted by UAC for confirmation, click on Yes button to open it up
- Right click on Computer in the left pane, and choose Export option
- Type a name for the backup file, specify a location, and click Save button
Afterwards, you can search for Internet Download Manager leftovers and delete them:
- Click Find from the Edit menu, then type Internet Download Manager in the search box and click on Find Next button to start the scanning around the whole Registry
- Once an associated keys/values is highlighted, right click on it and choose Delete
- Hit F3 key to continue deleting Internet Download Manager-related entries
Note that before making any modification, make sure to create a backup copy of the Registry. Don’t delete anything there without having the backup as it involves risks!
Thank you for reading this post. Have you successfully uninstalled the program now?
- Effectively Uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor on a Windows PC
- How do I Fully Uninstall SHAREit from My PC
- How Can I Fully Remove WhatsApp on Windows
- How Can I Completely Uninstall Scribus on Windows 10
- Removal Tutorial: How to Uninstall WinZip on Windows
- How to Effectively Uninstall Inkscape from Your PC
- Can’t Uninstall ByteFence Anti-Malware on Your PC? Find Solutions Here
- How to Fully Uninstall CCleaner from Windows 10
- Tech Support: Uninstall VLC Media Player on PC
- Properly Uninstall Advanced IP Scanner on Windows PC
- Uninstall CD / DVD / Blu-ray Tools (1)
- Uninstall Cloud Storage (1)
- Uninstall Communications Software (2)
- Uninstall Compression Tools (2)
- Uninstall Graphic Software (1)
- Uninstall Guides (6)
- Uninstall Internet Utilities (4)
- Uninstall Multimedia (3)
- Uninstall Network Tools (1)
- Uninstall Office Tools (1)
- Uninstall Security Software (5)
- Uninstall System Utilities (1)
- Uninstall Utilities (2)
- windows (1)