How to Effectively Uninstall Inkscape from Your PC
- 2018.Dec.19 9:20
As an free and open source vector graphics editor, Inkscape allows users to create or edit vector graphics such as illustrations, diagrams, line arts, charts, logos and complex paintings. Some Windows users decide to uninstall Inkscape for personal reasons but encounter various problems, such as the program cannot be found in the Control Panel, or some related files cannot be easily removed from the system.
If you browser this page looking for the proper method to remove Inkscape, you come to the right place. In this post we will show you the correct steps to uninstall unwanted programs on Windows 7/8/10, and share some tricks that are neglected by many users.Read on to know more.
First of all, let’s demonstrate a hassle-free solution to get the job done.
Recommended: fully delete Inkscape with Crapware Uninstaller
Wondering if you could get rid of all components of the target program in an intuitive interface? To achieve that goal, you are recommended to utilize a professional removal tool, like Crapware Uninstaller. Not sure how this tool works? Go through the steps below to know how quickly and thoroughly you can uninstall Inkscape.
Step 1. Select target program
- Run Crapware Uninstaller after shutting down Inkscape.
- After the scanning of installed programs is complete, select Inkscape, and click Run Analysis to proceed.
Step 2. Scan for program components
- Click Complete Uninstall button and then Yes in the pop-up window.
- Then follow the prompts in the Inkscape Setup wizard to execute the uninstall.
Step 3. Perform complete uninstall
- Click Scan Leftovers and then Delete Leftovers.
- Choose Yes in the pop-up dialog box, and choose OK when prompted that all leftovers have been completely removed.
So straightforward and easy to follow, right? With this automatic tool in hand, you will find that uninstalling programs has never been so easy. If there are other PUPs/adware/malware installed on your computer, you can even use the Force Remove mode to get rid of of those stubborn or problematic programs.
Don’t want to use third party tool? You can still uninstall Inkscape by the regular way.
Conventional Means to Uninstall Inkscape on Windows
To avoid problems in uninstalling Inkscape, please follow the steps below strictly.
1. Close Inkscape (via Task Manager) if it is active
- Right click the taskbar on the bottom and choose Task Manager from the list.
- Select Inkscape in the Processes tab, and click End Task to terminated the program.
2. Uninstall Inkscape via Add/Remove Programs applet
- On Windows 7:
Hit the Windows key on your keyboard, and select the Control Panel in the list.
Click Programs and Features, then select Inkscape and click Uninstall/Change.
- On Windows 8:
Right click on the Start icon and click on Programs and Features in the list.
Right click Inkscape and click on Uninstall/Change.
- On Windows 10
Click to display the Start menu, and locate Inkscape in the list of installed programs
Right click on Inkscape and choose Uninstall from the sub-menu
Select Inkscape again in the panel that appears, and click Uninstall button
You will be asked to give confirmation by clicking the Yes button in the pop-up User Account Control window, As the Inkscape Setup wizard shows up, continuously click Next > Remove > Remove > Finish to complete the uninstall and close the wizard.
3. Delete Inkscape-related files and folder in the system
After uninstalling Inkscape, you should go on with removing its leftovers in the registry to achieve a complete uninstall. Here are the instructions to delete remnants:
- (Right) click on the Start icon and then click on Search in the list.
- Type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key to activate Registry Editor.
- Click Find on the Edit menu in the Registry Editor.
- Type the keyword(s) of target program or its vendor’s name in the search box.
- Enter Find Next (and then hit F3) to locate and delete related keys or values.
Warning: the registry is a hierarchical database that stores low-level settings for the Windows operating system and for applications that opt to use the Registry, therefore any improper modification may cause serious problems to the operating system, such as preventing Windows from booting properly. To reduce any potential risk, you can make a backup copy of the registry. If there is any wrong happens after the modification, you still can restore the backup file to fix the problem.
Frankly speaking, a handy and reliable uninstaller will be a better option for beginners to clean out program leftovers. Don’t hesitate to apply Crapware Uninstall right now and you will have a wonderful uninstall experience. We are here to provide tech assistance if you need some help.
- How Can I Fully Remove WhatsApp on Windows
- Effectively Uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor on a Windows PC
- How do I Fully Uninstall SHAREit from My PC
- Removal Tutorial: How to Uninstall WinZip on Windows
- How Can I Completely Uninstall Scribus on Windows 10
- How to Effectively Uninstall Inkscape from Your PC
- Can’t Uninstall ByteFence Anti-Malware on Your PC? Find Solutions Here
- How to Fully Uninstall CCleaner from Windows 10
- Tech Support: Uninstall VLC Media Player on PC
- Properly Uninstall Advanced IP Scanner on Windows PC
- Uninstall CD / DVD / Blu-ray Tools (1)
- Uninstall Cloud Storage (1)
- Uninstall Communications Software (2)
- Uninstall Compression Tools (2)
- Uninstall Graphic Software (1)
- Uninstall Guides (6)
- Uninstall Internet Utilities (4)
- Uninstall Multimedia (3)
- Uninstall Network Tools (1)
- Uninstall Office Tools (1)
- Uninstall Security Software (5)
- Uninstall System Utilities (1)
- Uninstall Utilities (2)
- windows (1)