Effectively Uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor on a Windows PC
- 2019.Apr.19 9:15
A a McAfee add-on for web browsers, WebAdvisor (formerly know as SiteAdvisor) claims to warm users about the risky sites, yet it is not foolproof and sometimes may provide misleading ratings of websites. In many cases, McAfee WebAdvisor may sneak into users’ PCs by bundling with other free third party software, and it could be classified as Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs). Check the reports below:
“Yesterday I turned my computer on and a red pop-up appeared on the right-bottom corner of my screen saying: “Secure Search is off – be careful”. Then when I opened Firefox, McAfee WebAdvisor add-on had been installed. This is weird because I recently haven’t installed any apps! How the WebAdvisor install itself? Is it safe, should I worry?” — from a thread posted in the BleepingComputer forum
“How to uninstall (not turn off) MacAfee WebAdvisor Add-on? Few days ago a MacAfee add-on WebAdvisor started working on without my permision, conscius installation etc. I don’t like it and I don’t want it, but only option Mozilla automatic support gives me is to turn this add-on off. It would be ok but this add-on turns itself on every time I use mozilla. Is there any possibility to unisntall this piece of s…? Or just permanently turning it off?” — from Mozilla Firefox Support Forum
“Why can’t I uninstall McAfee Site Advisor from my computer? I followed the steps to uninstall, but the program is still on my computer. It came with and upgrade to my Adobe Flash Player, will I also need to uninstall the Flash Player?” — from Microsoft Community
If you have decided to uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor on your system, make sure to follow the correct steps uninstall and remove McAfee WebAdvisor on your PC.
Take a hassle-free solution to uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor:
Wanna achieve a clean uninstall with a minimal effort? Crapware Uninstaller could be a handy tool to help you get rid of a bunch of programs, plugins, files in a user-friendly interface. The whole removal of programs can be done in seconds.
To start with, download and install Crapware Uninstaller from the hompage. Then:
- Double click Crapware Uninstaller icon in Desktop to launch this tool
- Select McAfee WebAdvisor, and click Run Analysis button to start scanning
- Click Complete Uninstall button, and then click Yes in pop-up confirmation dialog
- As the McAfee WebAdvisor wizard appears, follow onscreen prompts to complete the standard uninstall, and then click Scan Leftovers button to proceed to next step
- Click Delete Leftovers button, and then choose Yes in the pop-up dialog
- Click OK after all leftovers have been removed, and close Crapware Uninstaller
That’s all for you to do! McAfee WebAdvisor should have been fully removed not only from the Control Panel but also from other corners of the system (like Registry).
Follow conventional steps to uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor:
If you don’t want to try Crapware Uninstaller, you can still uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor by the regular method, i.e. Uninstalling it from Programs & Features list.
Here is how to uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor on Windows 7/8/10:
- (Right) click on the Start menu, and choose (Control Panel >) Programs & Features
- Scroll down to select McAfee WebAdvisor in the list, and click Uninstall button
- Click No Thanks, Just Uninstall It button in the McAfee WebAdvisor wizard window
- When the uninstall is complete, restart your computer after saving your work
Besides, Windows 10 users can uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor from the Settings:
- Click the Start menu, and click the Settings icon from the sidebar
- Click System section, and then click Apps & Features from the sidebar
- Scroll down to locate the McAfee WebAdvisor from the right pane, click the Uninstall button that appears below, and then click Uninstall again in the pop-up window
- Click Yes in the User Account Control to launch McAfee WebAdvisor uninstaller
That’s how to manually uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor. Note that if your web browser is open, you will be prompted to shut down all browser windows during the uninstall.
But is the uninstall complete now? Why McAfee WebAdvisor messages still pop up?
A trick to completely remove McAfee WebAdvisor traces:
To fully clear out McAfee WebAdvisor traces on your computer, you may need to delete its registry entries. You can follow the instructions below to handle the task:
- Type regedit in the Search field, and hit Enter key to launch the Registry Editor
- Click Yes if you are prompted to give confirmation in UAC dialog
- Press Control + F together (or click Edit > Find) to open up the Find window
- Type McAfee WebAdvisor in the Find box, and click the Find Next button
- When the matched entry is highlighted, right click on it and choose Delete
- Hit F3 key to continue searching for items whose names contain the keyword
Warning: make sure to only modify your Registry after making a backup of it, otherwise, serious problems may occur if you mistakenly deleted irrelevant entries.
Thank you for reading this removal tutorial. Have you learnt the uninstall tricks discussed above? What other problems do you encounter? Share your story with us.
- How Can I Fully Remove WhatsApp on Windows
- Effectively Uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor on a Windows PC
- How do I Fully Uninstall SHAREit from My PC
- Removal Tutorial: How to Uninstall WinZip on Windows
- How Can I Completely Uninstall Scribus on Windows 10
- How to Effectively Uninstall Inkscape from Your PC
- Can’t Uninstall ByteFence Anti-Malware on Your PC? Find Solutions Here
- How to Fully Uninstall CCleaner from Windows 10
- Properly Uninstall Advanced IP Scanner on Windows PC
- Tech Support: Uninstall VLC Media Player on PC
- Uninstall CD / DVD / Blu-ray Tools (1)
- Uninstall Cloud Storage (1)
- Uninstall Communications Software (2)
- Uninstall Compression Tools (2)
- Uninstall Graphic Software (1)
- Uninstall Guides (6)
- Uninstall Internet Utilities (4)
- Uninstall Multimedia (3)
- Uninstall Network Tools (1)
- Uninstall Office Tools (1)
- Uninstall Security Software (5)
- Uninstall System Utilities (1)
- Uninstall Utilities (2)
- windows (1)